July 15-19, 2018
Milwaukee, WI to Wauseon, OH
Celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Panhead starting with the Wild Ones Weekend in Milwaukee at the Harley-Davidson Museum and end at the Wauseon National Meet in Ohio.
All attendees must register for the ride/event AND are responsible for their own accommodations, transportation and meals unless otherwise noted as part of the event registration fee.
Use this checklist to help you ensure you’ve made all of the necessary arrangements along the route.
Click here for the ride route.
|July 12-14, 2018||Wild Ones Weekend @ the H-D Museum – Milwaukee, WI|
|Thurs. night – July 12, 2018||Bike Night @ the H-D Museum|
|Fri. night – July 13, 2018||Classic Panheads Meet & Greet Party (in Racine area)|
|Sat., July 14, 2018||Wild Ones Weekend Ride organized by the H-D Museum|
|Sun., July 15, 2018||Recoup from the Wild Ones Weekend|
|Mon., July 16, 2018||Ride to Manitowoc:
-Board the SS Badger Ferry @ 2 PM CST
-Arrive in Ludington, MI @ 7 PM EST
-Overnight in Lundington area
|Tues., July 17, 2018||Ride to the Gilmore Car Museum (Kalamazoo, MI area)|
|Wed., July 18, 2018||Organized ride into the Gilmore Car Museum|
|Thurs., July 19, 2018||Ride to Wauseon Meet fairgrounds for the National Meet|
- $150 per rider+bike
- $100 per passenger/guest
Your registration fee includes:
- T-shirt for each participant
- Bike tie-downs for Badger Ferry ride (yours to keep!)
- Wild One’s Weekend Pre-party in Caledonia, WI
- Free ticket to the H-D Museum (good thing to do on Sunday!)
- Select parking for “Panhead’s Only” at Wild One’s Weekend
- Meal on the Badger Ferry
- Meet and Greet in Ludington, MI upon disembarking the Badger Ferry
- BBQ & Museum Pass for the Gilmore Transportation Museum
- Thursday morning breakfast at Battle Creek Harley Davidson prior to departure for Wauseon
- Special commemorative gift for each Panhead rider
- Trouble trucks and assistance for the entire ride/route
- Road Captain’s will lead the way for each day’s ride
Click here to REGISTER.
Hotel & Travel Information |
SS Badger – Lake Michigan Ferry
If you are thinking of participating in the ride, reserve your accommodations early along with purchasing your ticket(s) on the SS Badger ferry. The route includes crossing Lake Michigan from Wisconsin to Michigan via the ferry.
Book your tickets online and use PAN70 as the promo code to take advantage of special pricing. You can also call 1-800-841-4243 starting mid-March to order via the phone.
Special ferry rates:
Recommended Accommodations along trip route:
Special rooms rates have been negotiated at the following hotels along the ride route. Use Panhead 70th as your event code when you call to make your reservations.
Milwaukee, WI area
- Contact LeeAnn Sims with Cannonball Travel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (605) 390-3208 to make your hotel arrangements in the Milwaukee area.
- Information about accommodation options from Cannonball Travel (Candlewood Suites and Mainstay Suites)
Racine, WI area
- Cliffside Campgrounds
- Cost is $28/night – Campgrounds feature full hookups and designated area for our group (spaces 24-41).
- Use Panhead 70th when reserving your site. Call (262) 884-6400. Booking begins 01/03/18 for these spaces. Book early because county park spaces fill up quickly.
- General information
Ludington, MI area
Gilmore, MI area
- Gull Lake Inn Resort | 269-731-4131
This resort will serve as our exclusive host location while we are in the Gilmore area visiting the car museum and offers several different types of accommodations for you to choose from including:
- 2-person rooms featuring two double beds – $125 plus tax/night
- Rooms with king bed plus one double bed – $145 plus tax/night
- 4-person suites – $290 plus tax/night
- 4-person villas (adjacent to the inn) – $269 plus tax/night
- Bunk house – large group room to accommodate up to 8 people (includes two bedrooms with four double beds each – eight double beds total – with a living room and kitchen) – $500 plus tax/night
- Primitive campsites – set up in large grass parking area behind the Inn; no pug-ins available – $35 plus tax/night
- Add additional adult to a room for $25 plus tax
Wauseon, OH area
(hotels are located about 10 miles south in Napoleon)
- Napoleon Inn & Suites (soon to be a Holiday Inn | 419-599-0850
- Comfort Inn | 419-592-5599
- Sauder Village – 20 full hookup camping sites available (about 10 miles west of Wauseon)